Position: Designer/Art Director
The Adsmith is seeking a Designer/Art Director that is passionate and excited about coming into work every day. A designer that believes in the power of great design and is filled with enthusiasm for growing a business, helping clients succeed, becoming better at what they do and living a full life!
We are an advertising and design agency in Athens, GA working on brand identity, websites, graphic design, advertising, packaging, media planning, online marketing — you name it — all for a wide range of clients in Georgia, the southeast and distant lands.
Create strategic visual communications solutions for a wide range of clients. These would include, but not be limited to:
- Brand identity development
- Corporate print collateral
- Advertising concepts and design in all media
- Websites & microsites
- Point of sale and consumer-focused design
- Packaging & signage
- Video for broadcast, web & point of purchase
- Digital production (preparation of print-ready files)
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience within a design firm or agency preferably in a high volume environment)
- High-energy team spirit – dedication to team success and commitment to agency excellence is critical (Must be a team player)
- A powerful portfolio of creative that demonstrates originality, innovation and problem-solving.
- Excellent typography, branding, illustration, and artistic skills.
- Full knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is critical (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Mac and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of print production and preparation of print-ready files is critical.
- Solid understanding and experience designing responsive websites with standardized CMS platforms.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, organizational, interpersonal skills and ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask, organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Digital and social media marketing experience is an advantage.
- A strong digital design background is an advantage.
- Ability to achieve strong results on a tight deadline.
- Ability to collaborate with others in the company, as well as external vendors.
- Responsible, dedicated, self-motivated & graceful under pressure.
- Sketch or similar interface designs programs
- Google Web Designer
- Adobe AfterEffects
Salaried Position. Health & Dental provided. Optional Retirement Account. Live & work in awesome Athens!
If you believe you’re a good fit for this position, please tell us why in an email, send us your resume, and attach samples of your work (or send us a link to your portfolio).
Email: [email protected]